To write or to rest? I’m faced with this eternal dilemma. My two-and-a-half-year-old started preschool a few weeks ago, which leaves me more time than I’ve ever had since he was born to spend as I like. A few months ago, I’d be salivating for that extra time to write. Now, though, I’m 34 weeks pregnant with another boy. The pregnancy is much more tiring (and painful) this time around, due to, and on top of, the physical nature of parenting an active preschooler. The other day I actually sat on the couch with my laptop and fell asleep with it in my lap! (I’m not known as a napper.) I know I need to rest since once the baby comes I’ll really be desperate for some shut-eye, but I feel guilty when I choose resting over my book. Balance in all things is the advice I’ve been getting. Rest a little, write a little. I’m doing my best. I really can’t wait to meet my little one. I just hope I can finish the novella I’m working on before he arrives!
- 4 of 5 stars to Real Men Knit by Kwana Jackson https://t.co/hvYhUbySIF 01:53:41 PM September 16, 2020
- I just donated to Mrs. Lake's project! Help me bring a classroom dream to life. https://t.co/DKkVC8sUcH 11:05:37 AM September 16, 2020
- Just posted a photo https://t.co/K7es3ybaxF 10:50:21 AM September 16, 2020
- Enter for a chance to win 50 Romantic Comedies from your favorite bestselling and award-winning authors via… https://t.co/CPx6wopa0C 08:25:01 AM September 16, 2020
- 4 of 5 stars to We Disagree by Bethanie Deeney Murguia https://t.co/gdUdIyBiBV 07:50:51 AM September 16, 2020