Take Two Book Club Guide
This book was chosen by a member of my book club as our fun and flirty summer selection and it did NOT disappoint!
Take Two kicks off the Sawyer’s Cove: The Reboot series, introduces you to Misty Harbor, the small town setting for all the Sawyer’s Cove novels, and makes a fun, light, and satisfying book club read.
Here are some questions to guide your group discussion. If you’re interested in having Libby Zoom in and say hello to your group, email firstname.lastname@example.org for her availability.
Take Two features a show-within-a-book, a podcast about that show, and all your favorite small-town tropes from the cozy bakery to the town gossip, with a modern twist.
- What did you think of the framing device of the podcast? Did it help you understand what Sawyer’s Cove was about? Do you listen to recap podcasts?
- Were you able to get a sense of the fictional TV show from the context? Have you watched real-life teen soaps like Dawson’s Creek or Gilmore Girls?
- Which of the secondary characters are you interested in learning more about? Who do you think will get a book later in the series?
- What was your favorite scene in the book?
- Which location did you most want to hang out in–the Inn with its comfy beds and big tubs? The Bakeshop? The Cove?
- Have you ever met a celebrity? Did they give you a new impression of them? Who is the most famous person you’ve ever had a conversation with?
- If you aren’t a regular romance reader, what did you think of the genre? Would you be tempted to read more romances?
- Did you know there’s a prequel short story to Take Two? Get it for free by signing up for Libby’s newsletter: Download Kate’s Take here. Spend a day on the set of the original Sawyer’s Cove and meet all our characters as teenage heartthrobs.
FYI: Erika, one of the podcasters, gets her own story in this anthology: Hot Take in Steamy Shorts
Thank you for choosing Take Two!