To write or to rest? I’m faced with this eternal dilemma. My two-and-a-half-year-old started preschool a few weeks ago, which leaves me more time than I’ve ever had since he was born to spend as I like. A few months ago, I’d be salivating for that extra time to write. Now, though, I’m 34 weeks pregnant with another boy. The pregnancy is much more tiring (and painful) this time around, due to, and on top of, the physical nature of parenting an active preschooler. The other day I actually sat on the couch with my laptop and fell asleep with it in my lap! (I’m not known as a napper.) I know I need to rest since once the baby comes I’ll really be desperate for some shut-eye, but I feel guilty when I choose resting over my book. Balance in all things is the advice I’ve been getting. Rest a little, write a little. I’m doing my best. I really can’t wait to meet my little one. I just hope I can finish the novella I’m working on before he arrives!
- My copycat Levain bakery chocolate chip cookies. Too big, too rich, too much. But so good. #ambaking… https://t.co/24VsM7iNnb about 5 hours ago
- @EducatorGran @Change I'm not a fan of the time change. :) about 5 hours ago in reply to EducatorGran
- Infographic: Do You Know The Difference Between Literary, Upmarket and Commercial Fiction? https://t.co/Hah5M3yG6k via @carlywatters about 5 hours ago
- Clocks Change This Sunday! Let's make it the last time!!! https://t.co/K6AvbgGL9L via @Change 04:18:12 PM October 27, 2020
- Just posted a photo @ Norwalk, Connecticut https://t.co/qs6uv3mWFs 08:49:37 AM October 27, 2020