To write or to rest? I’m faced with this eternal dilemma. My two-and-a-half-year-old started preschool a few weeks ago, which leaves me more time than I’ve ever had since he was born to spend as I like. A few months ago, I’d be salivating for that extra time to write. Now, though, I’m 34 weeks pregnant with another boy. The pregnancy is much more tiring (and painful) this time around, due to, and on top of, the physical nature of parenting an active preschooler. The other day I actually sat on the couch with my laptop and fell asleep with it in my lap! (I’m not known as a napper.) I know I need to rest since once the baby comes I’ll really be desperate for some shut-eye, but I feel guilty when I choose resting over my book. Balance in all things is the advice I’ve been getting. Rest a little, write a little. I’m doing my best. I really can’t wait to meet my little one. I just hope I can finish the novella I’m working on before he arrives!
- RT @TheAmandaGorman: I AM ON THE FLOOR MY BOOKS ARE #1 & #2 ON AMAZON AFTER 1 DAY! Thank you so much to everyone for supporting me and my w… about 11 minutes ago
- Writers Rendezvous - January update Part 1 via @GabiCoatsworth https://t.co/G0jbxvBWed about 11 minutes ago
- A new day. #inaugurationday #bidenharris #amandagorman #blm https://t.co/Kkg5ly1utf 09:50:17 AM January 20, 2021
- 4 of 5 stars to Night School by Lee Child https://t.co/LmrpMjzzNm 07:56:54 AM January 20, 2021
- Pretty little dusting of snow at my house this morning. Feels cleansing. Taking a deep breath. #wintersnow… https://t.co/ZggLBcYOd1 05:41:38 AM January 20, 2021