I don’t have TV. I have a television, yes, but no cable. Yet, I watch plenty of hours of TV per week via Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant and the occasional (annoying) network video player (CBS I am talking about you). As much as I love not paying for cable, and having the flexibility to design my tv watching around my schedule (and by schedule I mean my toddler’s naptime and bedtime), sometimes I miss sitting down at an appointed time to watch a particular show that I know all my friends are watching at the same time as me, and we’ll discuss at length the day after. Okay, that hasn’t happened since high school and Dawson’s Creek was the most thrilling thing on television to a sixteen year old girl. But nowadays, through the power of instant messaging, at least I can prod my sister to watch the new Castle on Hulu so we can discuss via text. It’s sort of the same thing. This fall I’ll be watching Scandal sort of in real time, having watched the entire first and second season this summer. I’m also in for New Girl and The Mindy Project, my comedic palate cleansers after all the angsty drama between Olivia Pope and Fitz. What television shows are you committing to this season?
- 5 of 5 stars to New Beginnings by Elle Waters https://t.co/ZYC01hq4DP about 8 hours ago
- Excited to be giving my first in-person workshop in a while this Saturday at @Mville_College on Writing Faster! https://t.co/QIfFkrRuCT 07:04:46 AM October 25, 2021
- Virtual Bookish Events for October 25-31, 2021, by @Sarah_Nicolas https://t.co/JNSwumh153 06:42:14 AM October 25, 2021
- 4 of 5 stars to Wilde Child by Eloisa James https://t.co/HYy79J16eC 06:27:55 AM October 25, 2021
- Writers Rendezvous – October update via @GabiCoatsworth https://t.co/h9uMZRbmV3 10:32:30 AM October 22, 2021