It’s been way, way, way, way too long since I updated this blog. Moving, resettling in a new city, state, and time zone, and being the mom to a toddler and a preschooler had a way of taking up every waking minute and more. But, I’m happy to say that I’ve kept writing and have several manuscripts waiting for me to polish up. It is really freeing to write without a contract or deadline. I’ve been able to weave stories that I’d want to pick up in a bookstore without overthinking them. Are they commercial enough? Are they marketable? Those are real, important questions for down the line, and I hope the answer to them is “yes!” but in the meantime, nothing beats the fun of writing something new every day and watching characters become real because of what I type out on a blank screen. I often liken writing to a form of childbirth–there is certainly a lot of labor involved!–but it is also a sort of alchemy. It never fails to boggle my mind that something as intangible as an idea can appear out of nowhere in my brain, filter down through my consciousness, and somehow get regurgitated up through my fingers into words, sentences, paragraphs that tell a story and might even make sense to someone else reading them one day. It’s magic. It’s hard work. Aren’t the most amazing things in this life a mixture of the two?
- From my trip to the Huntington a week ago today. Now I’m home with snow piled up outside. Life… https://t.co/qzXDsNRb1r about 7 hours ago
- I currently have a membership to the New York Botanical Garden. Both my kids were off school… https://t.co/9TNFkxKQ5t 05:52:14 AM February 17, 2018
- Healthy eating tips courtesy of my three-year-old’s class. #healthyfood #healthywriter #momlife… https://t.co/BX3PAfQZSN 03:54:35 PM February 15, 2018
- Registration closes Feb 24. Please join us! https://t.co/dNXfbeGYOI 11:56:50 AM February 15, 2018
- 12 swooningly romantic new books to read this Valentine's Day - BookTout https://t.co/bG8VzQIyMY via @ew 11:44:50 AM February 15, 2018